Cellucor is one of the most popular options when it comes to workout supplements and they do have lots to offer especially for those who want to perform better during the exercise by consuming pre-workout like C4 Original Vs Extreme. These supplements are designed for the same purpose which is enhancing your body’s ability to exert more and gain more but they are not exactly the same so let’s see below about which fits you the most.
In this comparison, we are going to talk about:
- Are You Currently Looking For a Pre-Workout Supplement
- What are C4 Original and Extreme
- How are the Formulation of C4 Original and Extreme
- What are the Ingredients of C4 Original and Extreme
- What are the Benefits of C4 Original and Extreme
- How are the Side Effects of C4 Original and Extreme
- C4 Original Vs Extreme
Everybody wants to look good and the way they want to appear varies depending on each individual as well. Our ideal physical fitness plays a huge role in this part and in most cases we want to look lean and healthy which is why an active lifestyle is very popular along with all the supplements that are created to enhance the result. Some people may want to bulk their muscles, some just want to lose body fat, and some just want to get a leaner body.
The most important part of the journey is process and it is closely related to the diet as well as our lifestyle. Changing these habits are the most difficult because we are already so used to them but we can always do better with patience and determination. If needed, we can also add supplementation into the process such as whey protein like Dymatize ISO 100 Vs Hydro Whey or pre and post-workouts. They won’t work without the better diet and exercise but can be a great complement in your routine.
If you are here then we assume that you are also looking for a pre-workout supplement and for those who are not familiar yet with this fitness product, they are as the name suggests a supplement drunk before the workout; typically around 30 minutes earlier. The main purpose of this supplement is to improve workout, providing energy and focus, as well as maintaining it after too so we don’t get as sluggish and tired when the training is over.
| ||C4 Original|| Extreme
|Product Dimensions||4 x 4 x 4.56 inches||3.5 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches
|Shipping Weight||12.49 Ounces||11.2 Ounces
|Best offer||Check price||Check price
Is it necessary for all fitness enthusiasts? No, just like supplements are designed for, they are meant to supplement the body so a balanced diet is always the main concern but, they can be helpful to make your exercise more effective because our mind and body is prepared for the activity. They are almost like an energy drink without the calories so you will get the advantage of becoming more focused and even exert more to reach the goal faster or more effectively.
Based on the formulation, supplements are not closely regulated so they can be made with lots of beneficial ingredients such as vitamins and antioxidants which in the long term can add benefits to your body. On the downside, these ingredients may have some side effects depending on how our body deals with it such as caffeine which is known to increase heart rate and arrhythmias that can be uncomfortable or creatine that encourages water retention and may cause bloating, again making it uncomfortable and unattractive.
About C4 Original and Extreme
Just like most supplements, you will find almost endless options of pre-workouts out there coming from lots of different brands. Do pay attention to what they are designed for because sometimes it is not just to improve performance. They can be made for muscle building, weight loss, and many more. If this is your first time using pre-workout we highly recommend getting the popular or standard formulation and see how it works in your body as it can vary greatly from one user to another.
Personally we like to get one of those from well-known names because they are easy to find and also mostly very affordable. They are also used by many so it is good for safety reasons and among those popular options, Cellucor seems to always come at the top. This brand is the house of C4 pre-workout that have been around for quite some time, now with improvement on the formulations. This is also a line of supplements so you can find several variants of C4.
There is the option made for athletes and for people who want to reduce their body weight, etc. One of the most interesting is probably the C4 Extreme and with most products labeled as “extreme” this supplement is almost like an enhanced version of the C4 Original. The original formulation is still the most widely known and for those who never used or don’t use pre-workout often this is a perfect choice to start your journey. The supplement focuses energy and mind focus, just what we need from a pre-workout.
On the other hand C4 Extreme is a higher dose of pre-workout per serving which is why it can be a great choice for active people who are used to pre-workout before or find the other formulation no longer providing the effect that they need. The difference between C4 Original and Extreme is in the formulation which makes the latter contain stronger main ingredients that can improve the efficacy of the supplement itself. However, it may also increase the side effects if your body is not used to them.
C4 Original and Extreme Formulation
Most powder based supplements are made in some flavor options and this is to ease the consumption because they are not going to taste as good as typical beverages even though they do look like one. Pre-workouts are available in lots of flavors which are mostly refreshing or fruit based but do note that many of them contain artificial flavoring as well. Thankfully C4 Original and Extreme are already using natural flavors yet, they use acesulfame potassium or sucralose to sweeten the beverage.
The supplement powder is clean white and they have some coloring to match with the flavors, making the beverage become bright and look like almost any typical soft drink. They are very fine and easy to blend or shake while for the serving itself one medium canister is made for 30 or 60 servings. The dosage is just slightly higher at 7 grams on the Extreme or 6 grams on the Original. Price wise C4 Extreme is quite more expensive than the original.
C4 Original and Extreme Ingredients
Moving further to the most important part, let’s see what the C4 Original and Extreme are made of because this is crucial for every supplement. In this part the Original is actually richer because you can get an amount of vitamins too including Vitamin C and some type of B vitamins as well as calcium. On the other hand Extreme only contains the main blend made of beta-alanine, citrulline nitrate, creatine nitrate, caffeine, NALT, and huperzine A. Most of them are present on the Original but citrulline nitrate and huperzine A.
C4 Original and Extreme Benefits
Vitamins are good to have just to enrich the diet but in general vitamin B and C will be useful to support healthy brain, blood flow, and inflammatory responses especially against stress. Beta alanine is useful for enhancing performance while decreasing muscle fatigue and improving the immune system too. Citrulline nitrate is only present on the Extreme variant and this may be useful for increasing the oxygen content in the muscle to improve your exercise performance including weight training.
Creatine is very similar and it is popular because the supplementation is suggested to improve strength, lean muscle mass, as well as helping the muscle to recover quickly after the exercise. It is extremely useful for the heavy but short duration of training such as weight lifting and sprinting. As for NALT and caffeine, their main benefit is more on the psychological because they are affecting adrenaline and this is very useful to keep you focused and in a better state for training.
Besides some ingredients that are missing from one another, we want to highlight that the amount of their similar ingredients are different. For example in each serving of C4 Original there are 150 grams of caffeine and 1.6 grams of beta alanine while on the other hand Extreme contains 200 grams of caffeine and 2 grams of beta alanine.
C4 Original and Extreme Side Effects
As for the side effects with C4 Original and Extreme, as you can expect they will be highly varied among users who have used or never used similar supplements before. High caffeine for example can cause jitters and nervousness if you are not used to the amount or if you already have other sources of caffeine throughout the day. C4 Extreme also contains citrulline and for some people it can give them headache or migraine due to the blood boosting effect that changes blood pressure in the brain.
C4 Original Vs Extreme
It is always best to choose a supplement that works best in your body so we need to shop carefully. In comparison between C4 Original and Extreme, C4 Extreme is made for those who are already used to pre-workout based on the higher dose and its more potent formulation. This can be great to improve efficacy if the original variants can no longer provide the benefits on your body but it may also increase the side effects from the higher dose itself.
- C4 PRE WORKOUT POWDER FOR MEN & WOMEN - America's Number 1 Selling Pre-Workout Brand has been trusted since 2011 with over 2 billion servings sold* For advanced energy support, endurance, force, and pumps
- BUILD MUSCLE & STRENGTH - Formulated with a super creatine compound to support strength and performance. Whether you're just starting your fitness journey or you're striving for a new goal, C4 will help unlock your full potential
- INCREASE REP COUNT - C4 pre workout for women and men is formulated with CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, a premium clinically studied beta-alanine, which has been studied to support muscular endurance and fight fatigue and may cause a harmless tingling sensation
- MORE CAFFEINE, PLEASE - Formulated with a patented and clinically studied compound that may help the body prolong its caffeine tolerance buildup. Take 1 serving of sugar free pre workout mixed with 6 fl. oz of water 20-30 minutes before training
- A legacy of excellence - we've been pioneering, building, and perfecting pre-workouts longer than most brands have been in sports nutrition. We're Obsessed with research, improvement, and results. We're innovators and leaders, and we're not new to our work. We have a legacy of building the best, most effective pre-workouts available.
- Americas #1 Selling Pre-Workout - Every scoop of C4 Extreme Energy delivers a Next-Level experience with a potent dose of energy, pumps, endurance, performance, and focus, including 3.2g CarnoSyn Beta Alanine, 1g Creatine Nitrate, 1g Arginine AKG, 1g Citrulline Malate, and 300mg caffeine, with zero Sugar, carbs, or calories.
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee: All Cellucor products are thoroughly developed, accurately tested, and proudly manufactured in the United States. All Cellucor sales by Amazon are backed by a 30-day, full money-back guarantee.
- Clinically studied, patented ingredients - No matter how big the scoop size or how revolutionary it claims to be, a great pre-workout starts with best-in-class ingredients used in effective doses. C4 Extreme Energy has been engineered to combine the advanced Energy of C4 with ingredients specific to Next-Level explosive pre-workout energy.
It is wise to choose according to which seems to work best on your body and we will recommend the C4 Original for active people who want to improve their performance but if you don’t see a meaningful effect, we can try the C4 Extreme with its higher and more potent formulation.