Not everyone can get enough nutrition from the diet; hence we need supplementation. The Vital Proteins Vs Orgain Collagen Peptides are perfect for helping maintain health and keep you stay active. These collagen powders are easy to serve and very affordable. Both have similar benefits and some differences. If you wonder which brand to go for, let’s see what they can offer here.
In this comparison, we are going to talk about:
- What to Know About Dietary Supplements
- What are Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides
- How is the Formulation of Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides
- What are the Ingredients of Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides
- What are the Benefits of Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides
- Are Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides Safe to Consume
- How is the Taste of Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides
- Vital Proteins Vs Orgain Collagen Peptides
Dietary supplements are trendy, and rightly so. Not everyone needs to take the supplement, but some may require it due to health concerns. The typical nutritional supplements are mass-produced and affordable. Here are some things you may want to know about supplements in general.
- They come in various forms, such as capsules, pills, powder, and liquid. Some supplements also have several forms with the same ingredients for ease of use. They usually contain at least one dietary ingredient like vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, amino acids, or enzymes.
- Some supplements are effective, and some are probably not. The reason why supplements are popular is that sometimes they work and noticeably improve your health. The supplements are generally safe to consume in moderate amounts. Vitamins B12, folic acid, vitamin D, calcium, and vitamin C are popular supplements to improve your overall health.
- While usually don’t pose any health risk, supplements are not always safe. One of the main concerns is in the manufacturing process, where they may interact with other medications that pose risks, especially for those with health conditions. Supplements are not as closely regulated as drugs which means there is a potential manufacturer to put something not listed on the ingredients information.
- You may want to ask your doctor or healthcare provider before taking any supplements because the efficacy and safety are personal according to our health and individual situation. They will also help you choose trusted brands and which supplements will benefit you the most.
- While they are extremely convenient, supplements are not better than a healthy diet. As the name suggests, supplement is to “supplement” our diet, so it is wise to try improving our diet before seeking help from over-the-counter supplements.
| ||Vital Proteins||Orgain Collagen Peptides
|Product Dimensions|| 5.91 x 5.91 x 9.84 inches||3.15 x 1.57 x 2.36 inches
|Shipping Weight||9.33 Ounces||1 Pounds
|Shop now at Amazon||Check price||Check price
About Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides
However, some supplements are more effective taken orally as the body can absorb them more effectively. Collagen peptide is one of the most popular supplements, and the trend has continuously increased since 2014. You can find many forms of collagen supplements today; both suggest improving overall health, and some are more on the beauty side. You can also increase collagen intake from foods like fresh meat and fish that contain connective tissue. Some plants also contain minerals for collagen production in the body.
Collagen supplements are usually pretty affordable and easy to find. You can try the most popular brands or those that fall within the budget because most options are very similar, both in ingredients and benefits. Some of them are Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides, which are equally popular. Both brands boast that the ingredient source is natural. You will see “grass-fed” in many similar collagen peptides brands, and it can make a huge difference for some people with the concerns.
The Orgain Collagen Peptides is currently more affordable than Vital Protein, but the latter is the best-selling choice. Both Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides serve the same amount of collagen peptides or 10 grams per scoop, 10 grams in powder. Certain brands may attract some people because the label says they give higher collagen per serving, but we also have to be cautious about serving size. The general guide for collagen peptides is 2.5 to 10 grams per day to provide benefits.
Collagen peptides are not tasty, so we usually mix the powder with other ingredients to mask the natural taste and make it less noticeable. The main difference between Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides is that Vital Protein has a higher dose or two-scoop that can provide more collagen. You can also achieve the same serving by adding one more scoop with Orgain. Read also: Vital Proteins Vs Garden of Life Collagen here.
Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides Formulation
Like most collagen peptides, the Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides look alike. The supplements are fine powder but not as fine as milk powder. They are very dry and almost like sugar in texture. Both collagen peptides look identical, and there is no particular smell or color but white. The powder will dissolve very easily in water, and we find Vital Protein still mixes well even though we put more powder in the glass. The liquid is light off-white, almost like champagne or sparkling wine in color.
These collagen peptides come in a plastic container and plastic scoop to measure the serving. What’s interesting is that Vital Protein also provides a few different flavors like chocolate and vanilla to help improve the taste. On the other hand, Orgain sells collagen creamer, which combines collagen peptides and oat milk for your coffee and other beverages. Orgain also offers the collagen peptides in a small sachet so we can easily carry the supplement while traveling.
Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides Ingredients
When buying any supplement, we have to check the ingredients or what makes up the product. The Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides are regular collagen sources from bones and cow’s connective tissues. The source will be different if you choose marine collagen since they typically use fish. Because the ingredient comes from cows, the feed can make a difference. People believe that typical feed and GMO effects may transfer, so these brands use grass-fed cows and non-GMO ingredients.
What makes Vital Proteins more popular and expensive is the added ingredients. This supplement is not only containing collagen peptides but also hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. On the other hand, the Orgain Collagen only contains peptides.
Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides Benefits
Our body can make collagen, and some foods can improve collagen production. But, like with many other functions, the body will make less collagen as it ages. Collagen is protein and makes up the structure or framework of the cells and tissues. One of the most popular benefits of collagen is skin health, as research suggests taking a collagen supplement can improve skin appearance. The skin will improve hydration, be more elastic, and have fewer wrinkles.
The typical collagen supplement uses hydrolyzing process to reduce the particle size and make it easy to absorb by the body. Collagen is beneficial for bone health based on a study. Women who take collagen supplements post menopause usually have reduced bone mineral density, and taking collagen daily for a year shows a significant BMD in spine and femur bones. Collagen also offers a benefit against osteoarthritis, especially when patients are doing resistance training to keep their fitness and bone health.
Vita Protein improves the benefit of its supplement by adding hyaluronic acid, improving bone health. Taking a hyaluronic acid supplement may improve osteoarthritis of the knee and improve the life quality of adults. Vitamin C is great for maintaining the immune system and may help strengthen our natural defense against various illnesses.
Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides Safety
One of the main concerns about the supplement is safety, but the good news is that they don’t have adverse side effects. But, we need to pay attention to the additional ingredients if your favorite brand uses them. These vitamins or minerals may have daily dosage recommendations, and consuming too much can cause minor health concerns. For example, some brands add herbs that can interact with your medication, so they are unsafe for users with previous health issues, breastfeeding mothers, and pregnant women.
Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides Taste
Between the Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides, only Vital Proteins use added ingredients. The Orgain Collagen Peptides only contain the peptides, so they should be safer for most people. The key to achieving collagen peptides benefit is routine consumption. The supplement doesn’t taste great, but they are usually bearable. Both peptides from these brands are easy to mix with plain water, coffee, or milk to improve the flavor. We recommend mixing them with the latter if you dislike the natural taste.
Black coffee can be an excellent option for keto dieters, but you can still taste the collagen. Try adding sweetener or cream to mask the flavor because most people find this combination works best for them. We can also mix the powder with other tasty beverages.
Vital Proteins Vs Orgain Collagen Peptides
Both Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides will provide the same benefits, but they are not miracle solutions. You will need to consume the peptides for months to notice a difference in overall health, especially in bones and joints. The effects usually come faster for skin appearance, but we need to consume the supplement routinely. The main difference between Vital Proteins and Orgain Collagen Peptides is the dosage and added ingredients because Vital Proteins also put hyaluronic acid and vitamins C and have a larger serving size.
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Powder: Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine. Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.
- Powerhouse Ingredients: Original Collagen Peptides plus Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C helps improve the health of your hair, skin, nails, joints, bones, ligaments and tendons**^.
- Easy To Use: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is easily digested and dissolves in cold or hot liquids, like coffee, tea and smoothies. One to two scoops a day is all you need!
- Made With You In Mind: Certified Paleo Friendly & Whole30(r) Approved. No added sugars or sweeteners. Flavorless and odorless. Made without gluten & dairy.
- One pure and simple ingredient: grass-fed and pasture-raised collagen.
- Orgain Collagen Peptides are made with high quality, grass-fed and pasteur-raised type I and III collagen. Paleo friendly.
- Our collagen peptides contains g of sugar, no preservatives, no additives, and are free of allergens.
- Orgain Collagen is odorless, unflavored, and mixes easily into any hot or cold liquid or dish, making it easy addition to your routine.
There is no wrong option because they will provide similar benefits. We recommend Vital Proteins if you also want to enjoy the added ingredients benefits, but Orgain is cheaper if you only want the benefit of collagen peptides.